Big News for Us
We have a new lawyer in our firm and she is outstanding.
link to learn about Caroline Chen
Carolyn Chen enhances our ability to represent taxpayers in US Tax Court as well as
deal with tax controversies in general. We are thrilled to have her with us.
- Sell or buy a business from first negotiations to celebration.
- Business formation, conversion, liquidation, division, change state.
- Succession planning to keep company in the "family."
- Compensation strategies for key non-owner employees.
- Estate planning for business owners.
- Resolving and avoiding disputes among owners.
- Multinational matters: operations, transactions.
- Unreported Foreign Accounts - We help honest people who either misunderstood, were not aware,
or had been poorly advised and now are faced with potentially large penalties for undisclosed foreign
bank accounts, investments, life insurance, pension plans.
- We will help you and your accountant deal with unfiled: FBARs (Form 114),
form 3520, form 8938, and incorrect form 1040 Schedule B.
Practice is Limited
- We focus on the already successful closely held businesses and their owners.
- We help wealthy individuals with interesting issues such as multinational families,
several generations of wealth, complex business holdings, very bright. . .
- Many clients have been poorly served by their previous advisers.
We will help the previous adviser fix it or we will fix it.
- We do not need to replace your current lawyer or CPA. We can work with them to
help them avoid mistakes and to find creative alternatives that actually do work.
Our Values Include
- Minimizing Taxes - Legal or "not yet illegal" but never illegal.
- Win-Win transactions but no nonsense.
- We have no fear when we represent our clients.
- We treat US and State tax auditors with respect and as fellow professionals.
- We give frank feedback to business decision makers.
- We appreciate frank feedback as well.
- Our clients have similar values and are friends.
- What is best for our client is best.
- Our billing rates and fees per project are reasonable and are not surprises.
- Our clients do not include parties who cannot afford to pay our fees promptly.
We Serve CPA Firms and Law Firms Too
- Let us be your firm's "Tax Partner."
- Let us help you answer that hard question or deal with the difficult audit.